Tuesday 3 May 2011

Editing software "Final cut Pro" & "Garage Band"

  When I made my preliminary i used an Apple Mac with two pieces of software called Final cut pro and Garage band. Final cut pro was my video editer this let me upload footage that I have taken and then put it inside a Editing screen that lets me select parts of a film that I like and want "basically getting rid of bits such as excess footage" it also allowed me to put this individual clips together and view them to see if they work together. final cut pro also allows for some intresting effects for footage such as my super imposed shot in my preliminary, it has other features aswell as fades and blurs to create differant effects.



Garage Band is a piece of software that allows you to produce your own music from using either samples that are pre installed onto the software or upload your own recordings and then combine and change the sounds to produce your own music. this is similar software used to make proffesional music e.g. Dr Dre used garageband to combine some samples to sing over.
 Garage Bnad isent the best software in the world as you have to either upload or dowmload your samples then place them all in a play bar to hear and change the sample to your liking.
From garage band I got sounds such as my mobile phone ring tone and sound track. Garage band has a load of diffault sounds installed on it which is what I used in mine
My sounds include
  • mobile phone ringtone
  • regect call button
  • sound track
  • suspence music
  • slap noise
Actually editing the footage then playing the sounds from garage band over it was simple all I did was import the sounds from garage band into final cut pro and then place it on the final cut play "sound" bar

No comments:

Post a Comment